My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009


What's to Eat 1
So Monday lunch was at McAlister's Deli. A New York sandwich was the order, pastrami, corned beef, swiss on Rye with Sun Chips on the side. It was a nice modern place with not enough seating. A went in circles for a couple minutes looking for a table. One opened up that seated four. I took it. Across from me was a six place table with two blue collar guys sitting at it. AS I got settled I noticed two housewife frumpy women with two pre-school kids each looking for a place to sit. I signaled to them to take my table and I moved to the 6 spot with the two anti-social young men wolking down their lunch. The Moms couldn't say thank you enough. Finally I had to look away and say it was fine. The food was fine but nothing to get excited about.


For dinner on Monday I cruised around Greenville looking for something interesting. I saw a place I'd eaten at about three years ago and decided to give it a go. I drove around the block like three times trying to find a place to part. I didn't want to be too far way as run was threatening and had finished an earlier storm. It rained, hailed with thunder and lightning before I left the Plant. I had pork fajita tacos with beans and rice. It was pretty good fare but definitely not even close to authentic mexican food.

Tuesday lunch was a Wendy's taco salad hardly worth mentioning.

A couple different vendors that I work with are in town this week so we set out to have dinner on Tuesday evening. We drove out of Greenville about 5 miles to Winterville to Wimpy's. From the outdside one didn't know what to expect. It is part Oyster Bar. An actual bar with troughs to the inside to dump your shells in. That was a first for me. I had SS&C a Wimpy's original. It was shrimp, sausage and chicken in a white jalapeno sauce. It was good and not real hot. I also had the Tuxedo Cake for dessert. It was good. Four layers of white cake, German chocolate moose, German cream, and German dark chocolate about 1/4 inch thick on top. It was good.
We had a nice time talking together telling stories and politics. Two more days of cullinary adventures. I am hoping to find some originals. DMP


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Sheryl said...

Now I am hungry! Especially for the cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home