My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Friday, December 12, 2008





That tree in the distance looks like it has a growth... a tumor? Hey guys that camera has 10x zoom so use it.



Oh - that is your crazy Dad up in that tree. For entertainment on the side I remove problem trees. I don't really pursue the work. Once a few people know that I do this sort of thing the jobs pop up. I don't do much of it, maybe a handful of trees a year.

It is the most physically demanding sport I know of. I wear a rolled up bandana around my head like a 60's hippie to keep the sweat out of my eyes. It is somewhat mentally challenging too with figuring where, how much and how to cut each piece. Once in awhile some cash is involved, maybe 50% of the time. Bartering is best. DMP


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already knew you were crazy. We want to take some branches off of the neighbor's tree that is taking over our property. Black Walnut. Let me know if you are interested.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Come on over to Rexburg. I know of several peeps--myself included--who need some tree advice/removal. I always knew you were a sixties hippie at heart....

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dad keeps talking about the tree in front. It only cost us $150 to have a limb taken out this spring. I say leave it alone but if this ice brings it down on the livingroom I will wish we'd done more. I'm glad I don't have to watch you up in the trees!! With your emergency room record, you need to find a safer hobby.
mom

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out how to post a comment without going to
Anonymous. So this is just a trial run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home