My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Thursday, September 15, 2005


Mobile Wood Shed Step 1
So you need to build a heavy duty frame if you want to move this thing around. I used what I have in my free wood supply. The runners are ground contact 8x8 and the corner braces and front and rear cross-members are 4x6's. I sloshed a little diesel on the cut ends and the underside of the runners for extra protection from bugs and weather. The runners are 12 feet long. The shed will be 10 feet long and 8 feet wide. It will have an 8 foot high wall on one side and a 7 foot wall on the other. The roof is going to be a single pitch.
Okay so every picture that I upload goes to the top of the page. It will just have to be both pictures at the top until my younger sibling gives the instructions on how to put pix where I want them.
So the 4x6 members are all attached with 5 inch long 3/8 zinc plated lag bolts. When a person pulls a big sled like this it never pulls equally from both sides especially when turning corners. It takes a tough base frame to hold up to the wracking. Stay tuned for building progress.
Looks like I have a big tree removal job this weekend. We shall see if we can come up with a good action photo. DMP

3 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Looking great! I can help you put pictures in other places if you want. Email me.

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really good! How are you going to hook onto the frame to pull it?

All this school has made me feel like building something too! I'm planning some shelves for the garage and maybe a bench out front for star watching. The evenings are really beautiful here in Tucson.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Michael,
How about a bench INSIDE, for sitting on while we eat at our table that has no chairs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home