My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Life After the Roof


So what did I do before the roof project? I have been working on the roof for 9 days straight (excluding Sundays) and I can't remember what I did with my spare time before this project. I have realized how being a desk jockey is not good for ones health.

Well the list begins...

1. Get ready for winter. That means firewood. I have a couple cords cut and split. I want to build a wood shed so the wood is under cover and located in one place. I have a free lumber deal that needs to be hauled home. Then I have a shed in-the-making.

2. Work on the Landcruiser.

3. Clean the garage!

4. Take the boys fishing.

Speaking of the boys. They are headed to our friends place in Wallowa, Oregon, for a few days. They are so excited. They get to go logging, rock crushing, road building and whatever else comes along.


My wife, Cami, is the best. She likes to work hard and show the other girls what she is made of. Well she is a bionic woman of sorts. She has two 3/8 diameter rods in her back and assorted other hardware to stop her scoliosis progression. Anyway she has been a great help on the roof. Yesterday she stands up and bam! Now she is walking around all bent over like a 90 year old, osteoporosis poster child. Sounds like she has a pinched nerve in her lower back and can't stand up straight. Hopefully it won't last as she is really active.

DMP

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you're not sure what to do with your time once the roof is done, here are some ideas.
1. Finish the tree house
2. spray the buttercup and blackberries.
3. Weed whack the lower pasture by the fence.
4. Replace the master bath floor and cabinet.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything else! Love ya hon!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other things to do.

1.Fly to Tucson and unpack my stuff.
2. " " " " fix my ac which only works for a few hours a day (the hours that I happen to be at school.)

And the list could go on and on.

Glad your roof is done,

Michael

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Sorry to hear about Cami! Is she any better? Today Michael woke up and bam! he can't move his neck. So we really need you to fly out here and help us unpack, as I am a total invalid, and now Michael is too. Tell Cami hello.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home