My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Roof

I just wrote this and lost it trying to use the spell checker. I'm new at this.

So I like to have everything thought out, planned and ready when I embark on a large project. This is especially true when other people are involved or are helping me. The 4th, 5th and 6th of August are the re-roofing days. We live in Corbett and you need good roofs and good tires for winters there.

This AM my Uncle Greg came with his Cummins Dodge and flatbed trailer to help haul the roofing. I found a place, Shur-Way builders, that seels Owens Corning seconds for 1/2 the cost of regular. The problem with the shingles is the color is out of tolerance. Big Deal! The shingles are all the same color, it just doesn't match the brochure.

So starting Thursday next week in comes the 30 yard dumpster and off comes the roof. My plan is to have the prep work done Friday evening so when people show up Saturday everything will be ready to go. Wish me luck and pray for sunshine. DMP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home