My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Roof is Going Up

Thanks to everyone that helped with the roofing project. Is is about 25% away from completion. Of course the hottest weekend of the year is when the roofing project happens. The easy stuff is done with the installation and now all of the valleys and flashing have to be completed. The removal was the worst part on the hottest days.

It is really satisfying having the new roof look nice and having done it yourself (with lots of help).

On another subject: Is Dumbledore really dead? My co-worker, Jim, came up with that idea.

DMP

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed out on the roofing, and I'm sure your sorry about missing out on all the packing going on here. Speaking of the heat, it was 98 hear yesterday and our old swamp cooler can't keep the old swamp cool, so we went to our favorite camping store so I could buy a new school backpack. The old one lasted 9 years, but it is time for a new one with working zippers. (It was hotter than hot in the store.)
Cool blog.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more rantings:

DP, you might want to check these out!

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

http://cfaulconer.blogspot.com/

The second one is a blog that is pretty funny.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Correction on the website about Dumbledore: http://www.dumbledoresnotdead.com
It's certainly food for thought. I personally think he is in hiding and that Snape used a non-verbal curse while saying "avada kedavra" out loud. Dumbledore will be back, but not before Snape and Harry become friends.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Oh, and I deeply regret that I was not there for the roofing party in the heat. I would have enjoyed sitting around while you all worked.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked the same question - is Dumbledore really dead? As much as I don't want to say so, I think he is. J. K. Rowling is pretty straight forward in her plot lines, so I don't think he will pop out from somewhere all hunkydory. What about Snape? I kind of figured he was a bad guy, because there was never the slightest glimmer that he could be nice on occassion. However, like Harry, I did trust Dumbledore on that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home