My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Blues
I haven't blogged a awhile due to a lack of creativity and exciting happenings. We have learned that alpacas eat a lot more than goats. We made a electric fence enclosure in the lower pasture area. The fences are bad down there so that is why the electric fence.

The track loader radiator is bad so I bartered with the neighbor. He did the tractor work I needed on the driveway and I am taking down the tallest tree on his property. Of course it is a cotton wood. I would like to get started but the weather has turned out to be hot. Like the hottest of the summer.

Oldest lad is earning money for a trip to Europe next June with the Middle School. They will be learning about the renaissance. They will travel to London, Paris and Rome. He is working for a farmer on Saturdays and picking blackberries. I advertised for him at my work place and he got orders for about 20 gallons of berries.

As indicated in my previous post my job is not very rewarding. I am looking at my options. With the economy on a weird streak I will play it very cautious.

I've been having fun with the critters by sitting down in the pasture and feeding them little biscuit crackers. I'm trying to get Harvey to be a little a little more personable. Keeping the goats out of the way with food is a constant pushing match. DMP

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in a low spot. Sorry about that. We have many stresses around our place right now as well. Also, am taking 6 credits of Ed. classes on-line in 3 weeks. Crazy! We are working hard on the apartment - adding on a bedroom an remodeling the works. We are looking forward to our girl coming home. We miss both our missionaries.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Clancy!!

Grandma S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home