My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Friday, November 09, 2007




Rifles I'm Dreaming Of

Decisions...Decisions


For several years I have been wanting to replace my AR-180 that was stolen. I want to move up to the .308 (7.62x51) instead of a .223. If I can only have one semi-auto rifle I want it to be the best of all worlds. It has to have a piston driven system, none of that gas tube stuff. A folding stock is desireable but not essential. The barrel needs to be 16-18 inches long. Twenty inches gets a bit long, less than 16 requires special permits and is really loud.



LW Rifles has 5.56 and 6.8 caliber rifles available right now. They are in test and refinement on a 7.62 verson. I can wait. I have to wait to save dollars in the rifle fund for a couple years.
http://www.lwrifles.com/

DS Arms rifles are based of the FN FAL design battle rifle. The FAL is considered one of the best of all time. http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SA58TACP




H&K has the model 417 available to the military and law enforcement right now. They just announced availability to civilians in Germany just recently. This is the first step toward making it available to USA civilians. Of course this is top quality.



POF is based in AZ and has a rifle ready to go. They appear to be pretty nice stuff!


No immediate action on this one. I might have to sell something to make this dream come true. DMP

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep dreaming, babe...keep dreaming!!

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choices. Except that there is no real need to spend twice as much money for an HK that is using AR-10 for it's base. The LWRC, POF etc will be just as good at half the price. KA-25 is another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home