My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Shop 13: Roof Framing is Done


I took Friday off from work as the sun was shining and Dad was available to help. It is pretty tough working with 10 to 14 foot 2x8's anywhere from 14 to 19 feet off of the ground. So Friday we got the fascia boards on, the blocking done between the purlins at the front and rear walls, and one corner of the eaves completed. It doesn't sound like much by it takes awhile for every little step. The blocking was the worst. Each one was a slightly different length and one had to be installed before the next one could be measured. The Mrs. was on the ground cutting and Dad and I were nailing and measuring. The fascia boards required us to snap a chaulk line and trim the purlins before installation. Then we had to hoist a 14 foot 2x8 up there and mark it and cut it.


Saturday turned out to be a bit windy. A bit windy in Corbett is 40 MPH gusts. We kept at it though and we finished all of the roof framing. We worked on putting up the angle braces. The braces go between the steel trusses and adjacent purlins or girts. I ran short on some of those pieces so I have to harass the company to send me some more. So now depending on the wind I can put roof on! Whoopee



For the interest of the mechanics in the family I have included a picture of the flatbed framing on the Ford. I need to take it off and do some more welding and get it painted. The taillights are LED's from scrapped forklifts... DMP

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger 包志伟 said...

Is that your pickup? I didn't know you got one. You better bolt a van seat on the back for the kids like Uncle Bill use to have on his Ford.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home