My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shop 5

Nothing fancy here. I am working from daylight until dark every day (9 of those hours are my day job). Getting the dirt work done was a chore. I am having an inspection tomorrow, Thursday the 16th. The plan is to pour concrete on Saturday. I have a couple concrete finishers on tap to make it right. The dirt work and concrete portion of the project are ending up as 30% of the project cost.

I got the heavy concrete embeds set last night. I have a 3x3 angle in the door way to protect the edge of the slab. Welded to that are two 4" wide flange I-beams that run 10 feet into the building. This should protect the floor and support the weight of any tracked vehicles I want to pull in to work on. I got the crane base set as well. I have to get both of these items leveled up tonight and tied into the slab reinforcing mesh. The area around these heavies is thicker concrete.

I have some piping stubbed in for main power, water (someday), and an extra electrical for a phone (someday). I will try to get some pictures posted soon. I don't have much free time right now. DMP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home