My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Update
The 3-legged goat is doing okay. He is making his way around on three legs. The splint is holding up and hasn't been eaten. I am planning on calling the vet for some free advice on how long I should keep the splint on. He is a large animal vet with his feet on the ground. He told me that goats are worth 100 bucks and a visit to our place would run 250 bucks. You do the math on whether or not to put them down.
If you need a little patriotic twinge, check this out: http://intensedebate.com/blog/?p=50
By the way, the lawn tractor made the maiden voyage last night to the delight of a 6 year old.
DMP

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the goat is doing ok. Life in the desert is pretty dull compared to life on the farm.

School is getting busy, but it is almost over. I leave for Rexburg May 5th (Carly is flying to SL with the kids). It's only 1147 miles from here to there. I'll be dragging the CJ-7 up there, finish it and take advantage of Idaho's two year registration and no inspection. I'm almost done. Just have to finish up the tailgate, mount the bumper, and get a rear seat and belts. I might have to put a clutch in too.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Will you rename the goat "Hop-along"? That's what we called our three legged cat. He also went by Linus and Gimpy. He was the son of Pickles and the arch enemy of Headcheese. You can tell that we really LOVE our cats.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carly, your a lot funnier than me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home