My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Monday, February 06, 2006


Sideburns Are Not Cool
I was a kid in the '70s. I was there when sideburns were hip. I have seen attempts, on people today, at sideburns as a fashionable patch of facial hair. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not against facial hair. I follow the 6 on/6 off concept where my beard is concerned. But sideburns were not cool in the '70s and they are even worse today.
A prime example of what I am talking about is a balding young fellow I saw recently had sideburns down to the bottom of his ears. If you are balding don't compensate by sprouting bushy growth where-ever else you are capable. Burns are bad. I have spoken. DMP

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are treading on thin ice (pun intended) buddy!! I'm watching the top of your pate get thinner by the year!!

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you! At least in the 70's they had real sideburns, not these little wisps. Real men do not grow wisps! Love the picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home