My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Thursday, February 18, 2010



Monster Jam 2010


For years I have known that the Monster Truck Jam is Valentines Day weekend in Portland. I have thought it would be fun to go. Well Little C loves to watch trucks, RC, kayaking, unicycles and Monster Trucks on YouTube. So this year we bought Monster jam tickets. We went Saturday afternoon at the Rose Garden. Once we got our ear plugs in and found our seats it brought a tear to my eye to see the look on junior's face. It really was a lot of fun. Between the truck runs they had Jeep barrel racing, quad wars and some other little kids entertainment.


If you ever think about going, it is loud! Ear plugs are not optional. Most of the trucks just have straight pipes off each cylinder and these are 1500 hp engines. I have to say seeing a 10-12000 lb truck go from zero to 20 feet in the air in about 15 feet is really something to behold.


I'll add pictures when I have a minute.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous mom said...

Wow! What a show. Is this just a guy thing. The garden show will do for me.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Once when Holden and I were at a monster truck show, there were some grandparents sitting next to us with their grand kids. One of the pre-show events was motorcycle jumping. The grandma got so scared she became physically ill and had to leave. Later when the trucks came out none of them had ear plugs and that time all of them had to leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home