My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thank Heaven for Spring
I have been working on things in between spring showers and other life schedule altering events. I about have the deck on the flat bed of the Ford. I have to get creative with the fuel fillers then I can put on the last boards. We made the first try at passing DEQ to get our unlicensed daily driver legalized. We didn't pass the CO levels. I talked to a friend at work that wrenches on cars and he had picked up lots of tricks from the engine guys at work. We have to certify our lift trucks for Cali emissions so we have a couple experts to make that happen. For mine to pass, the trick is to have the idle turned up as far as possible without getting an engine code.
We got a couple loads of gravel the other day. One load was spread and one dumped. I have to get the starter in the track loader so I can smooth some areas out then I can spread the pile of rock. This will make it look like the shop is actually part of the plan.

I have put in the windows for the south wall of the shop and started putting up the metal.So now I have one and a half walls. I have started getting quotes on doors.

A couple weeks ago I help bury my friend. He died of lung cancer and had never smoked a day in his life. I had helped him with the dirt work when he built his house. He help on the shop a bit when I was doing the concrete prep. He was sick then, but insisted on helping. He was a very kind person. I had only known him for a couple years but we had a lot in common and just hit it off.

Last Sunday I flew to Greenville, NC for work. I only stayed for a couple days and headed back to get some work moving quickly.

Baseball has started for the youngest C. The oldest C is starting Hunter's Safety soon. He is twelve now and can start pursuing the game animals. He is a little apprehensive about it. Little bro wishes he could slay something right now. They are definitely different people.

So that is why there has been a gap in the blogging. Life has been getting in the way. DMP




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Its always amazing how many disparate things all combine to make up "life". I'm sorry about your friend. The shop is looking good, and I like the bed.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Glenn died, but we know that he is in a better place. This life was not too good for him last fall and winter. Love the pictures. Things look like they are shapeing up on the farm.

mom

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Flatbed's looking good. Hope the truck passes the CO2 inspection. Have you made any more progress on the shop? Thanks for always commenting on Holden's blog.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More blogs! More blogs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home