My Sky Color

A forty something Dad, Husband, Engineer guy living in Western Oregon. Reflections on all things in life. A few technical things and whatever else comes along.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life

So things have been just moving along. The lads are picking and selling black berries for $7 per gallon. They have delivered 8 gallons so far to my co-workers and about 3 more gallons to the Mrs.'s friends.


We went on a cruise to Alaska for 7 days. The trip was in celebration of my parents 50th wedding anniversary. This is the first cruise I have ever been on. It was great! It is a way to get a quick over-view of an area. You don't get the in-depth experience like you would staying in a town for a few days. The weather was great and I say all the things I wanted to see: whales, eagles, bears and glaciers.

Fall soccer season is starting up. I am coaching as the youngest is playing.

I can't decide what to think about this whole "social networking" thing. Facebook can take up a person's tme. It is fun to find old friends and see what they are up to.


I just finished reading an Iraq war book called House to House by David Bellavia. Whoa that is a serious read. Very real war and full of internal feelings and emotion. I read another Iraq war book previous to this that was good but more of a documentary.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home